Future of Freelancing
The future of freelacing: Is freelancing just a popular trend or a great way to build an advantageous career? What will be the future of freelancing? Why is freelancing the future and what would be the future of freelancing? Will there be freelancers in the next five to ten years? Which are the most in-demand freelance skills in 2021? Is freelancing a good choice for a long-term career? Let’s find out.
Nowadays the freelancing is not considered a way to earn supplemental income while working full time. It has become a source of basic income for millions of people now. The 3.6 billion workforces have about 1.1 billion freelancers. The number of freelancers has increased rapidly. There were 57 million freelancers in 2019. The trend of work from home has increased after the coronavirus pandemic. The demand for freelancing continues to rise in this modern era of technology. Lifestyles are changing. People have realized that the concept of a safe and secure job is just a dream.
The corporate world has changed a lot in the three years compared to the last thirty years. One of the biggest positive aspects of epidemics is that it has made people realize that we don’t have to travel a few hours for work and sit in front of a computer that is connected to the internet. There is no need to work in a specific office or a place because we all live in a global village where we can work at our desired place and time.
Trends and modern research suggest that the freelance industry may become normal in the years to come as people become accustomed to working from home. Another reason why freelancing is becoming so popular is that you don’t need a personal network and influence to get a job. In the freelance world, you need to be skilful. Many multinational companies equip 100%, remote team. This indicates that other local companies will also start hiring remote staff shortly.
Is the Freelance Industry Growing?
The answer to this question is yes, freelance industry is growing. In the United States, freelancing is the fastest-growing job sector. According to a recent survey by Freelancing in America, 50% of people in the U.S. will be freelancers by 2027. In just six years, every second American citizen you meet will be a freelancer. This is just a mind-blowing fact.
It is not surprising that freelancing is growing rapidly in popularity. The freelance industry is heating up. In the first quarter of 2021, Freelancer.com posted about half a million jobs. We can conclude that the freelance industry will grow in the future and provide great employment opportunities for skilled people.
Why the future of freelancing is the working future?
When it comes to freelancing, there are several benefits. Freelancing has influenced the world greatly in recent years. The new generation is choosing to freelance as a career. The companies are trusting the work done by freelancers.
Here is a list of reasons why the future of freelancing is bright.
- Freelancing is about making more money than ever before
- There are more job opportunities than in the corporate world
- Impacts of artificial intelligence on the corporate world
- Better chance of freedom
- Freelancing enables work from home
- Freelancing is sustainable
- Freelancing enables meaningful tasks
- Getting a job as a freelancer is simple and easy
- Freelancing is less impacted by Artificial Intelligence
- Technology favors the remote work
- It reduces the cast of everyone involved
- You own your brand as a freelancer
- It provides greater opportunities to learn more skills
- Freelancing shifts the work-life balance
- No limit to how much you can work
The Most In-Demand Skills in 2021 related to the future of freelancing:
A certain in-demand freelance skill can create an opportunity to earn money or replace your employment income. You do not need to specialize or have a long working history to work as a freelancer. You can learn some of the top freelance skills quickly.
Some freelance skills are always in demand. You can find the most in-demand skills with the right knowledge and experience. You can start your freelance career without leaving home or pushing a clock. After a detailed discussion with our experts, we have compiled a list of the most in-demand freelance skills.
- Crypto currency and blockchain development
- Artificial intelligence
- Amazon web services development
- Graphic design
- Web design
- Web development
- Video editing
- Content writing
- Search engine optimization
- Online security and ethical hacking
- Game development
- Cloud computing
- Audio transcription
- Data analysis
- Copy writing
- Social media marketing
- Excel management
- Survey taking
- Ecommerce consulting
- Ghost writing
- Voice over acting
- Teaching English
- Customer services
- Virtual assistance
- Social media management
You can learn most of these skills online and can earn a handsome amount working online.
Interesting Freelance Statistics that prove that Remote The future of freelacing is bright:
We’ve collected some interesting freelance statistics from authoritative sources. You may be surprised to learn about these statistics if the word freelancing is new to you and would clearly define the future of freelancing.
- Freelancers represent more than 35% of the global workforce
- There are about 1.1 billion freelancers all around the world
- 75% of freelancers believe their career is more stable than a day job
- 68% freelancers believe that they are much happier and their life is more stable since they have started freelancing
- Freelancer.com received more than 10.5 million job postings from clients with a total of $3 billion transactions in 2016
- 41% of freelancers say that they will keep freelancing forever
- Freelance web developers can earn up to $1000 per hour
- A graphic designer can earn up to $90 per hour
- 64% of freelancers found their respective jobs online
- 52% of freelance workers are between 18 and 22
- 45% of freelancers provide skilled services like graphic designing, programming, game development, etc.
- 30% of freelancers provide unskilled services
- 55% of workers are freelancers in the entertainment industry
All the above information tells that the future of freelance industry is bright and attractive. The freelance industry is definitely here to stay, and more people will join this with time. There is still a shortage of freelancers. If you are thinking of starting freelancing, this is the best time to join. Go, learn a skill, and take the start, since the future of freelancing is very bright
We have tried our best to elaborate on the details about the future of freelancing. We hope you have learned a lot and found the answers to your questions related to the future of freelancing.
Best of luck!
FAQS Related To The Future Of Freelancing:
Here are some important FAQS asked by people about the freelancing and the future of freelancing.
What are the advantages of being a freelancer?
There are several advantages of being a freelancer. The most important is that you are your own boss. You are earning from home or remotely. Freelancing provides you freedom. You are generally paid more and can earn money quickly.
What are the disadvantages of freelancing?
Freelancing has some disadvantages as well as anything. You have to find your job after a project done. You have to pay annual tax return. And the main thing is that you have to maintain your resume regularly.
Who hires freelancers?
Freelancers are hired by individuals and companies. These individuals or organizations award tasks to freelancers and pay after the tasks are delivered.
What services do freelancers offer?
Freelancers offer a lot of services. These services may include hard skills or soft skills. The major services are mentioned above.